Our organization is looking for an experienced Quality and Risk Manager.
Industry certification in Risk Management, Quality and/or Patient Safety required.
Develop, implement and manage the Quality, Risk Management and Patient Safety Programs in order to:
• Improve patient care and outcomes;
• Reduce the risk of adverse outcomes from patient care activities;
• Monitor compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements and standards; and
• Reduce and/or mitigate the risk of professional legal liability
• Education: Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field or a combination of college education and clinical experience.
• Experience: Five or more years clinical experience and progressive experience in healthcare administration with specific experience in healthcare risk management, quality management and/or patient safety preferred. Experience in an outpatient clinic setting in a large system helpful.
• Licenses/Certificates/Registration: RN or other clinical license or claims adjustor license preferred; will consider comparable clinical experience in lieu of licensure. Certification in Risk Management, Quality and/or Patient Safety required. Current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of risk management theory and concepts, quality management and patient safety principles, methods and techniques. Knowledge of organization performance improvement techniques and tools; high degree of organization; ability to multi-task; and the ability to follow through on projects and tasks, and ability to track processes involving multiple people simultaneously. Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and statistics. Knowledge of people and interpersonal relationship skills. Knowledge of chain of command and communication skills, both verbal and written.
We serve more than 149,000 across 24 medical clinics, 12 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 59 program sites in two states. We a re Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
• We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
• We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
• We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
• We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
• We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
• We will let joy in.
• We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.