Physician Partner Contract Manager (Network Account Executive) - Full Time
Job Location: Portland, Oregon
How to apply: http://bit.ly/OHSUContractMNGR
The Physician Services Contract Manager (PSCM) works in conjunction with the OHSU Office of Community Engagement & Support (OCES) and is responsible for leading and managing the contractual relationships with all outside organizations for OHSU practitioners where, (1) OSHU partners through placement of OHSU clinicians at partner sites/clinics or (2) OHSU practitioners who provide medical services, consultation and/or medical directorships to governmental and community-based programs/clinics. The PSCM workswith department administrators to negotiate the terms of such agreements that ensure contracts meet compliance with OSHU Policy and Procedures and ensures that all OHSU contract language imperatives are included in all contracts.Such policies include market-based reimbursement terms, adequate insurance and OHSU Risk Management approvals and standards.This position works directly with OHSU Sr. Leadership, OHSU Legal Counsel, Outside Counsel, OHSU Risk Management, OHSU Accounting & Finance as well as allmedicine departments within OHSU.
- 3 years’ experience in a healthcare industry provider/payer contracting, provider/payer relations, or analytical capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in legal assistance, risk management and physician reimbursement.General understanding of insurance and indemnification terms.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and negotiate successfully with both OHSU partners and outside organizations.
- Ability to analyze financial, operational and legal implications of various contract models.
- Ability to organize and lead a portfolio of contracts with moderate supervision.
- Ability to work in high-pressure circumstances and effectively manage conflict and ambiguity.
- Understanding of clinical and/or hospital operations including patient billing and reimbursement methods.
- Knowledge of provider and payer community.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- 4+ years’ experience in the healthcare industry in physician recruiting or leadership role in clinic/billing operations, provider/payer contracting, provider/payer relations, or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of managed care and accountable health system models and relationship to contracting strategy and reimbursement methodology.
- Demonstrated competency related to varying payment methodologies and value base contracting. (such as Pay for Quality/Performance, DRG, APC, ASC, Capitation, Fee for Service, RBRVS, Per Diem,Per Case)
All Are Welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.