Clinic Administrator - Full Time
HOW TO APPLY: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTS TO: Partner Physicians
SALARY RANGE: Based on Experience
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
(* indicates essential functions)
1. * Manage the financial health of the practice by tracking critical indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
2. * Help partner physicians define and fulfill Clinic’s strategic goals
3. * Stay aware of regulatory changes / requirements and make sure the clinic is compliant
4. * Manage office leads/department managers to ensure all work is done correctly and in a timely manner
5. * Keep partner physicians apprised of any issue or change that impacts the clinic
6. * Renegotiate contracts with payers, vendors and other entities critical to the success of the clinic on a regular basis
7. * Be actively involved with local practice management network groups and watch for success stories easily implemented at the clinic.
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. * Work with office leads/department managers to ensure clinic policies and procedures are followed and updated when necessary
2. * Work closely with partner physicians by meeting with them weekly to report on projects and discuss other pertinent items
3. * Ensure the clinic’s EMR, computer network and phone systems are up to date and working properly by consulting with the current vendors for these products and maintaining a dialog with them
4. * Ensure the clinic’s website is maintained and updated as needed utilizing the services of the website vendor
5. * Ensure the clinic has the correct number of employees in the correct positions allowing all work to be done in a correct and timely manner.
6. * Other duties as assigned by clinic partner physicians
From time to time, clinic staff members may be asked to participate in Quality Improvement projects in addition to their typical job functions. The clinic Administrator position will lead or monitor these projects as needed.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
1. Performs all duties in a professional, productive and positive manner that reflects the clinic’s mission and philosophy.
2. Demonstrates positive interactions with patients, the public and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors and other clinic personnel so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
3. Actively promotes the strictest Confidentiality standards at all times.
4. Reports to work and meetings as scheduled and on time per clinic policies.
5. Supports and contributes to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures, maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention and identifying and reporting potential liabilities at clinic location(s).
Reports to the clinic Partner Physicians. Works closely with all office leads/department managers, other clinic employees, clinic patients and outside Vendors providing assistance and information when requested.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) or Fellowship (FACMPE) desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher desired.
- 5 years or more business and financial experience
- Prior medical office management experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Results oriented individual with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
2. Requires knowledge of medical office procedures and policies, demonstrated strong interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) and strong organizational skills.
3. Requires the ability to read, write and speak clearly with internal or external staff at all levels.
4. Requires strong interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Requires knowledge of computer systems and their use in the medical environment.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT UTILIZED:
1. Familiarity with Windows operating environment on a PC.
2. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
3. Previous experience with the Prime Suite or Intergy EMR Systems a plus.
4. General use of telephone system with voice mail, computers, fax machines, copiers.
1. Working with a wide variety of tasks with overlapping priorities and deadlines. This requires organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
2. The wide variety of patient and staff age groups encountered requires the individual to be positive, patient, flexible and understanding.
3. Constant changes in health care can impact at any time.
1. Frequent talking to people in person or on the telephone. Occasional communication via e-mail.
2. Frequent hearing in person or on the telephone.
3. Vision for close work.
1. Safety requirements (i.e. clothing, equipment required, activities performed) consistent with that of a medical office setting.
2. Exposures (i.e. fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust, noise, blood & body fluids) consistent with that of a medical office setting.
3. Operation of equipment, tools, vehicles consistent with that of a medical office setting. Some local travel using your own vehicle may be required. Mileage for this activity is reimbursed at the current federally mandated amount.
4. Required hygiene standards (food handling, clean, contaminated and sterile equipment) consistent with that of a medical office setting. The clinic strives to keep a fragrance-free environment to benefit those with allergies.
This job description is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties at the discretion of the manager or supervisor. It will be used as a tool during future performance evaluations.
HOW TO APPLY: email resume to email@example.com