Practice Manager - Full Time
The Practice Manager position is responsible for providing oversight and guidance for the daily operations of our three clinical locations. This position will ensure that all clinics are operating at the highest quality standards, while meeting all internal, and external regulatory requirements. This position will lead by example ensuring a strong understanding of all clinical workflows by providing guidance and mentorship to all employees. This position will have been able to review and analyze operational barriers for their team, utilizing their knowledge of clinical operations, for developing improved procedures and processes.
The Practice Manager will work in close collaboration with the Human Resource Manager, Revenue Cycle Manager and Technology Manager for overlapping projects, processes, training, hiring, and performance evaluations ensuring the highest work standards are met.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Hires, mentors, evaluates, develops work plans, counsels, and terminates personnel as needed.
- Directly oversees Administrative Supervisors, Clinical Supervisors, and Care Coordinator. Provides indirect supervision and guidance for all other clinical roles that are overseen by supervisor roles including Medical Assistants, Nursing, Front Desk, and Medical Records, Scheduling, and Interpreter services.
- Responds to employee complaints and grievances working in collaboration with HR Manager.
- Ensure TCC policies on merit raises are followed, and equity in recognition across clinics utilizing milestone achievements for meeting project/group goals.
- Identifies staff development needs and develops in-services to meet the needs for all regulatory, safety and emergency training.
- Work with HR Manager for yearly review of position descriptions.
- Responsible for time and attendance for staff.
- Approves leaves in conjunction with supervisory positions, ensuring the daily staffing needs are met to achieve optimum patient care. Provide problem solving for staffing needs across locations.
- Exhibits a high standard of personal and professional integrity and establishes a respectful work environment. Models good customer service behaviors. Clearly communicates performance expectations and standards of behavior to staff.
Administrative & Strategic Development:
- Independently identifies opportunities for increased efficiencies in processes, developing new, or revised clinical procedures when needed.
- Stays updated on regulatory requirements ensuring internal policies are updated and reviewed yearly. Develops education and audit processes to ensure at year end all requirements to regulations are met.
- Problem solves physicians’ and staffs’ concerns regarding process barriers.
- Investigate and address patient / family complaints.
- Participates on committees that impact the areas of clinical operations, conducts staff, and site meetings.
- Monitor and develop reporting for site meetings on clinical metrics including referring metrics, phone access, scheduling of patient appointments, and availability, utilization of appointments to ensure compliance with organizational, and customer service standards.
- Keep updated on national trends and innovations bringing forward new approaches in pediatrics and primary care clinical operations.
- Oversee the clinical and non-clinical administrative functions at 3 locations, enhancing operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high-quality patient care.
- Adheres to policy and procedures and maintenance of standards of care for all regulatory bodies.
- Work collaboratively and in conjunction with the Revenue Cycle Manager serving as the liaison for the Revenue Cycle Manager for providing staff education on the for patient financial policies, and workflows.
- Ensure close oversight of for front end operations, scheduling and collection of payments, including scripting/auditing to ensure we are providing a great customer service experience, while reducing avoidable adjustments caused by the front-end work processes.
- Develop standards of practice including emergency and safety standards in conjunction with committees, or independently. Ensure safety and emergency training for all staff occurs annually.
- Set baseline and develop workplans for continuous improvement of patient satisfaction scores.
- Develop and set customer service standards for appointment scheduling, and on-line scheduling, ensuring patient access to appointments are available.
- Oversee and monitor the reconciliation process for charge payments at the front desk.
- Review annually each position/area with priority focus on front desk operations to streamline processes. Develop opportunities to move to the “properly prepared patient”, reducing bottlenecks in the front-end operations, as well as clinic flow.
- Works to identify and proactively respond to the operational needs of providers and staff. Coordinates with the Site Supervisors and Clinical Supervisors to address and satisfactorily resolve the staff’s and providers’ operational concerns.
Education & Experience:
- Certified Medical Manager (CMM), or related certification with minimum of 2 years healthcare supervisor/management experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree will be considered wth 5+ years of clinic operational experience including an understanding of front to backend operations.
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience. Strong problem solving skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and within an EMR system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service orientation and ability to work as a team member. Must possess a strong drive for responsibility, and task completion. Originality in problem solving, with ability to make independent decisions, and move forward with actions. Ability to work at times in a stressful situation, helping to mediate situations that lead to solution/resolution. Understanding of HIPPA and OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Management, or related field with 3+ years working as a clinical manager/supervisor overseeing daily clinic operations.
- Experience with GE Centricity PM/EMR.
Compensation: Competitive salary in commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits provided including paid time off, sick time off, holiday pay, medical/dental/vision, and retirement plan.
Candidates: Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Natalie Cui: firstname.lastname@example.org.