Practice Administrator - Full Time
How to apply: email resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Large, established single specialty group seeks experienced Practice Administrator to partner with physician leadership to effectively lead and direct all operations in 3 locations. Our board certified physicians are committed to providing high quality patient centered care.
Job Title: Practice Administrator
Reports to: Board of Directors via Managing Partners
Supervises: Administrative office managers and all non-physician clinical and non-clinical personnel and departments.
Job Summary: The Practice Administrator will report to the managing physicians for decisions regarding day-to-day operations and to the Board of Directors for long range strategic planning goals. They will be responsible for providing administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long-range policies, procedures and programs. They will work in collaboration with board members, front-line leaders, and staff to create an engaging environment, focusing on safety, clinical quality, and financial stewardship. They will strive to create a workplace environment that promotes staff, physician, and patient satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops long-term strategies and manages the strategic direction of the organization. Demonstrates the ability to facilitate the corporate legal structure, define policy and define the organization’s culture in conjunction with the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Ensures that patients receive the best possible care, keeps the organization focused on patient safety and efficient operations.
- Oversees effective staffing strategies, recruitment and retention, training, and performance evaluation processes.
- Ensures the financial viability of the organization by establishing and maintaining systems to ensure a profitable and compliant practice.
- Ensures organization compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties and initiates appropriate changes.
- Implements an effective business plan and effectively manages daily clinical and administrative operations across all sites.
- Represents the organization in its relationships with other professional organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers.
- Maintains a program to provide an overall safe environment, prevent or minimize adverse events, and comply with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the Board of Directors and its committees and the medical and administrative staffs.
- Effectively oversees multiple locations by negotiating and managing all vendor contracts, lease agreements and maintenance needs.
- Develops strategic planning regarding office expansion and contraction using data based decision making to identify potential markets, locations, necessary resources, patient volume, payer mixes, provider recruitment, etc. Responsible for coordinating and managing any new office expansion or office closure.
- Responsible for insurance payer credentialing and contracting, and pursues routine contract increases and carve outs or other alternative funding methods.
- Works with the Business Office in overseeing all revenue cycle functions and related staff.
- Provides routine production analysis and distribution of reports. Promotes lean workflow analysis which is standardized, sustainable and cost effective.
- Creates marketing and advertising plans. Supervises and directs clinic online presence including website maintenance and management of social media outlets.
- Continually works to improve patient office interaction and promote customer satisfaction. Works directly to oversee staff customer service training and target strategies to improve office based systems including phones, patient portal, wait times, communication etc. Responds effectively to patient concerns in writing and in person.
- Identifies tactics to address staffing shortages and promote staff retention.
- Works with outsourced Human Resources company regarding personnel issues including employee handbook policy revisions, benefits packages, staff performance reviews and coaching, role clarifications and job descriptions by position, pay scale development, merit based raises, and leave and earning policies.
- Promotes leadership development by establishing a culture of engagement focused on corporate mission, vision and values. Helps design and develop training programs that ensure technical and professional competencies of all staff members. Identifies and mentors high performing staff capable of assuming larger responsibilities and primed for promotion.
- Designs and develops appropriate organizational structure that promotes effective, efficient decision making, identifies specific chain of command, ensures sufficient support for all staff and leads, promotes fair and equitable division of labor, prevents individual burnout and improves overall job satisfaction and office based morale.
Education: Graduate degree in health care administration or business administration, FACMPE (MGMA) preferred.
Experience: Five years of executive-level experience, including experience in health care administration. Multi-site management experience preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package commensurate with experience – range of $90,000 – 150,000 per year.
Other Requirements: A demonstrated commitment to professional development and growth. Must be able to work well with long time personnel and adapt to current cultural trends while also effectively exploring and promoting changes where necessary.
Candidates: Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Misty Osko: email@example.com