How to apply: https://whallc.applicantpool.com/jobs/365099.html
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC
Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Pay Grade: Grade 11
Performs payroll processing and other accounting functions. Files payroll tax and deduction reports, documents and updates procedures and prepares and analyzes data for internal and external reporting purposes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reviews and edits time sheets for all locations using automated time and attendance system.
2. Compiles payroll data, enters data or computes and posts wages and reconciles errors in order to maintain payroll records.
3. Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
4. Processes and computes changes as necessary for new hires and terminations, including final checks.
5. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
6. Coordinates with call scheduler personnel regarding clinician time off, call trades, etc.
7. Meets with new clinicians during orientation and reviews payroll cycle, myHR, Accounting page, and TimeStar, if necessary.
8. Records changes affecting net wages, for example, exemptions, insurance coverage and loan payments for each employee in order to update master payroll records.
9. Prepares and issues paychecks.
10. Handles employee and clinician questions and manually issues corrected payroll checks as necessary.
11. Computes and generates checks for garnishments or submits via ACH online.
12. Maintains and manages WHA banking requirements for accurate and timely ACH batches and file transfers (Posi Pay).
13. Generates various payroll reports including: flex spending, retirement contributions and loans, timesheet details, payroll analysis and PTO balances.
14. Trains supervisors and staff on use of time and attendance software.
15. Uploads New Hire reports to the State of Oregon website.
16. Prepares and enters payroll journal entries and month-end accruals.
17. Enters manual payroll checks and payroll sweeps monthly into general ledger.
18. Completes Multiple Worksite reports quarterly.
19. Reconciles general ledger accrual, payroll and retirement accounts.
20. Audits and distributes W-2’s at year-end.
21. Prepares committee stipend compensation on a quarterly basis.
22. Assists with Accounting department meetings as requested by management.
23. Assists CFO and Accounting Manager as needed with financial analysis and other related projects.
24. Works with Accounting Manager and CFO to ensure adequate internal controls are in place for all payroll-related activities.
25. Analyzes payroll trends in comparison with prior year, forecast, and/or other benchmarks and communicates findings to management.
26. Works collaboratively with Human Resources Department regarding mutual HR/PR issues, such as Leaves of Absence, new hires, terminations, etc.
27. Documents and keeps training materials up to date.
28. Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
29. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
30. Maintains WHA confidentiality standards.
31. Attends WHA and office meetings.
32. Models The Values Statement and The Patient Experience of WHA.
1. Detail oriented with a strong aptitude for accuracy.
2. Ability to analyze data and resolve discrepancies.
3. Ability to be timely in meeting deadlines.
4. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
5. Ability to work in a team effectively.
6. Ability to prioritize workload independently.
7. Ability to use appropriate judgment and logic. Ability to interpret guidelines effectively in order to adhere to prescribed policies and procedures.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of payroll and financial information.
9. Ability to be flexible in adapting to changing needs.
10. Ability to take initiative to remain up to date on developments in payroll and in the field of accounting.
11. Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
12. Seeks additional duties when work has been completed.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, TOOLS OR MACHINERY:
Personal computer, printer, telephone, facsimile machine, photocopier, 10-key machine.
Work is conducted in a well-lit, air-conditioned office environment. Considerable sitting required, and ability to perform keyboarding motions. Ability to hear and to communicate well verbally. Color vision preferred and visual acuity required to observe personal computer monitors. Physical mobility to retrieve materials up to 15 pounds.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or CPP certification preferred.
2. High school diploma or GED required.
3. Two years prior payroll or accounting experience required.
4. Keyboard and personal computer skills, including data entry and 10-key by touch required.
5. Experience using computerized accounting and payroll systems and automated time and attendance systems. Sage ABRA and Sage 100 (or MAS 90) experience preferred.
6. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook and Excel).
7. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
8. Ability to perform work with a high degree of detail and attention to accuracy.
9. Must be able to successfully complete a background check.
10. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Women's Healthcare Associates believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications but not limit the employee or WHA to the work identified above.