Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information and salary expectations.
This full-time position is a combined clinical and administrative role that entails leadership, collaboration, patient care, and operations.
Southwest Family Physicians is a primary care clinic with 18 medical providers comprised of physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, counselors, physical therapist, acupuncturist, and a licensed massage therapist. Clinic Director Dr. Cynthia Gulick founded our patient-centered medical home almost thirty years ago and strives to deliver comprehensive care to families, the old fashioned way.
As our Clinic Operations Manager, you need to know how to:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities within the clinic, including managing staff and provider schedules, directing clinic flow, leading processes, policies, and procedures, and acting as a resource to the clinic staff and patients.
- Join the Leadership Team to problem-solve patient care issues, optimize clinic workflows, promote effective coworker relationships, achieve financial stability, and develop improvements.
- Report progress, operational issues, and organizational opportunities and threats to the Leadership Team and your direct supervisor (Clinic Administrator Steve Nord).
- Work with clinic staff and providers on quality initiatives and managing quality metrics. Collaborate with the Leadership Team to identify and drive quality and performance improvement initiatives. Engage in population health management, including panels and care gap closures. Pull data reports and analyze results to monitor the practice’s performance.
- Assist as needed with clinical work in the back office when short-staffed.
- Work with the Leadership Team on management functions including interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development of the back office staff. Promote a team approach to delivering quality patient care.
- Create a culture of patient and staff safety including documenting and reporting any event. Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, and licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of Southwest Family Physicians.
We hire people, not resumes. We expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field.
- Three (3) years of supervisory-level experience is required, including at least two (2) years of practice management or practice administrator experience.
- RN or LPN license + 5 years relevant experience acceptable in lieu of degree requirement.
- Proficiency with EHRs and Microsoft Office.
- Skills: Critical thinking, time management, customer service, conflict management, maturity, professionalism, and communication.