Salud Medical Center
Salud Medical Center
**Join our growing team in this new Part-Time position that supports our PCHH initiative!**
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is seeking a part-time Behavioral Health Consultant to join a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals providing services to an underserved population in our Woodburn-area community health centers.
As part of the organization's Patient Centered Health Home initiative, we are looking to hire behavioral health practitioners to work within a fully integrated, multidisciplinary model in our primary care clinics. The Behavioral Health Consultant's duties consist of providing brief assessment, intervention, and onsite consultation to the primary care team regarding psychiatric/psychosocial concerns and health behavior change. While coordination of care is part of the job duties, a majority of the Behavioral Health Consultant's activities will be focused on providing clinical interventions according to empirically-supported treatment modalities.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
There are three different types of Behavioral Health Consultants:
Behavioral Health Consultant, Psy/PhD
- Education: Doctorate in Psychology.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: License for independent clinical practice in the State of Oregon or have the necessary clinical training to acquire licensure in the State of Oregon. Current Oregon driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage. Current CPR/First Aid card, or obtained within 45 days of hire.
Behavioral Health Consultant, Resident
- Education: Coursework completed for Doctorate in Psychology. Preference given to candidates with degree programs or professional training that emphasize primary care behavioral health coursework or clinical practicum experience.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington employees must be granted a Mental Health Counselor Associate credential approved by the Oregon State Department of Health. Independent licensure as a mental health counselor, social worker or marriage and family therapist is preferred. Licensure as a Psychologist in Oregon is required within six months of hire. Current Oregon driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage is required. Current CPR/First Aid card, or obtained within 45 days of hire.
Behavioral Health Consultant, Masters
- Education: Master's degree in Social Work or Psychology.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Candidates must be licensed for independent clinical practice in the State of Oregon or have the necessary clinical training to acquire licensure in the State of Oregon. Current Oregon driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage. Current CPR/First Aid card, or obtained within 45 days of hire.Any one of the following licenses is acceptable for this position:
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW),
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC),
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or
- Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW).
Experience: Two years in clinical service delivery with persons with mental or behavioral health needs. Experience working in primary care or other medical settings.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology and medical disease states. Must be able to collaborate with medical professionals and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced primary care environment. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required. Knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Administrative Rules related to the provision of mental health services and general knowledge in culturally appropriate practice.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment