Surgery Center Director – Portland, Oregon
EyeHealth Northwest is a large, well-established, successful private medical practice, serving the eye care needs of the Portland Metropolitan and Clackamas County areas. We are devoted to the full-service medical, surgical and routine vision care needs of our patients, who include children, adults, and seniors.
We are seeking a director for our Eastside Ambulatory Surgery Center. The position is responsible for overseeing and managing the overall operation of the surgery center and is accountable to the Surgery Center Board and the CEO of EyeHealth NW.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of the surgery center, including surgical services, patient care and administrative functions.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels in all areas of operation; oversee and manage job performance of all staff.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices and services; assess and implement modifications to practices, procedures and protocol as necessary.
- Develop, implement and manage department budget; forecast additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, contractors and suppliers.
- Provide financial, operational and patient care reports to the CEO, doctors and Board as requested.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and review department structure and work functions; monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of processes, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate and ensure effective and appropriate education, training and professional development of staff; assess training needs of staff; develop and implement training programs that meet the needs of the facility and regulatory requirements
- Stay current on nursing practices and ASC procedures, protocol and regulatory requirements.
- Perform the duties of a staff RN by providing nursing care for surgery patients through all stages of the surgery continuum, including, but not limited to, admitting patients; assessing the patient’s condition; preparing patients for surgery; assisting in surgical and other medical procedures; and performing the duties of a circulating nurse.
- Initiate and provide patient and family education; assess learning needs according to the patient’s level ofunderstanding and readiness to learn.
- Apply appropriate age-specific competencies in providing care.
- Through assigned staff, ensure that optical and surgical instruments and equipment are properly maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all patients and staff.
- Oversee and manage the quality assurance and workers’ compensation programs.
- Adhere to, and ensure staff adherence to all safety standards as established by OSHA; apply all required safety precautions, including personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with company policy, department procedures and regulatory requirements, including State and Federal laws and regulations.
Education and/or Experience; Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations (Minimum Requirements):
- Current RN Licensure in good standing in the State of Oregon;
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification;
- Pre/post operative or operating room experience, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center setting;
- Management experience preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
Compensation / Benefits
EyeHealth Northwest offers an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, Med/Dent insurance, company-paid life insurance, company-paid disability insurance, generous paid time off plan (PTO), holiday pay, discounts on products and services, employer-match 401(k), Profit Sharing and more!