JOB TITLE: Business Services Manager
SUPERVISOR: Director of Business Services
HOURS PER WEEK: 40hrs/Exempt (Hybrid Option Available)
DEPARTMENT: Business Office
SALARY RANGE: $59,243 - $82,940
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
ORGANIZATION: The Portland Clinic
How to Apply:
The following information is designed to outline the essential functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
HIRING BONUS: $1,000 after 90 days
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting with the management of the Business Office activities, including: patient accounts, collections, insurance follow-up, denials recovery, and patient estimates. Assist in cross-coverage of referrals, patient access, and registration teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (* Essential Functions)
1. Manage employee issues for Business Services staff, including employment, training, evaluation, scheduling, and policy interpretation.*
2. Supervise day to day operations of assigned Business Service departments.
3. Provide support to Providers/Staff, Branch Managers, Administration, Insurance, IT and Patient Communications.
4. Assist in providing clinic staff with insurance, coding, and referral related information;
5. Manage and facilitate department meetings and huddles, including creating agendas and minutes.*
6. Review and respond to all escalated patient concerns regarding billing and account status.*
7. Assist team with escalated questions/concerns that require management review/intervention*
8. Assist with process improvement, additional work group, projects, and meetings as needed.
9. Accept daily claim runs and track claim acceptance, including verification that claims are accepted at the clearinghouse.*
10. Research claims not being accepted electronically.*
11. Track and record daily electronic remittance files.*
12. Troubleshoot and research errors with electronic remittance files.*
13. Train and assist Insurance Reps with denial recovery strategies, posting & researching electronic remittance files.*
14. Monitor all work queues assigned to Business Services – identifying for areas of improvement, as well as assisting staff as needed.*
15. Develop and assist business office process improvements.*
16. Assist with covering for Patient Accounts, Estimates, Insurance Reps, Coding, and Collections when needed.
17. Assist and work with Epic Analysts to improve workflows and work queue build
18. Work on special projects and tasks for Administration and Physicians as requested.
19. Work respectfully and collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.*
20. Participate as an active team member in a patient-centered medical home
21. Attend work on a regular and consistent basis.*
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Bachelor Degree in related field
- CPC, CCS, or equivalent coding certification
- 5-7 years of full revenue cycle experience
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- EPIC experience preferred
- Ability to show sound judgment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation Working knowledge of Word & Excel
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS (Benefits eligibility begins at 20hrs/wk):
- 401k plan with Employer Matching up to 4.5% annually
- Roth IRA
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company provided $10K Group Life/AD&D insurance
- Voluntary benefits: Life/AD&D, Dependent Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Disability
- 6.46 hours of PTO accrual per pay period (PTO accrual is prorated based upon FTE)
- One paid Wellness day per year
- Seven paid holidays, and 1 partially paid holiday (mid-day closure)
- Employee Assistant Program