Health Information Management Director
Location: Toppenish, Washington
How to apply: Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5Ro4nuW4mmxWSAgNH6Obp
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
This position is located in Yakima Valley in sunny central Washington state. We're interested in all qualified candidates, including those located outside the area who are open to relocating to the Yakima Valley. Relocation allowance is available.
The Director of Health Information Management (HIM) is responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance to supervisors and staff, promoting a culture of innovation and excellence in the provision of services under their scope of responsibility. The Director of HIM supports the vision and goals of the organization and is accountable for achieving departmental goals. Problems encountered in this position are of a high degree of complexity and difficulty and require exceptional analytical skills, innovation, and creativity to formulate and implement the mechanisms to identify and solve problems. Position serves as an advocate for privacy and confidentiality of health information and ensures compliance with related regulations and standards set by State, Federal, and accrediting agencies.
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs Document Imaging and Release of Information operations for YVFWC. Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards of HIM practice.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of document imaging applications and providing education and training to staff regarding document imaging software and corresponding processes.
- Oversees the chart destruction at offsite storage facilities.
- Coordinates the completion of document imaging projects.
- Coordinates the review of the Joint Commission Standards relating to Information Management and facilitates the review in partnership with Information Technology (IT), Quality, HIM, and Release of Information (ROI) Supervisors.
- Maintains effective ROI revenue tracking processes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and liaison to clinic, program, and corporate departments regarding Health Information Management.
- Manages Quality Assurance/Audit program for document imaging and release of information.
- Partners with the Quality Department and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) privacy officer to ensure adherence with all HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Partners with the Privacy Officer and Quality Risk Managers to ensure HIM and ROI activities are performed in accordance with Risk Management requirements.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect HIM and recommends and implements changes as needed.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports direct reports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Monitors HIM/ROI operations performance through dashboards and established productivity standards.
- Serves as representative for the HIM with the Epic Analyst's, Access and Review Cycle Readiness (ARCR), and Clinical Advisory Board (CAB.) Responsible for developing and modifying workflows and pushing forward optimization requests.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management, Business, or Healthcare Administration. Associate's Degree in Health Information Management and two additional years of supervisory experience may be substituted for Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience managing Department Operations and supervising staff. Three (3) or more years of HIM experience in a facility with a fully implemented Employee Health Record (EHR), preferably Epic. Experience with On Base is a plus preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator. Epic certification in HIM applications a plus. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Skills in problem-solving, decision making, sound judgement, and conflict resolution. Requires a high degree of independence and coordination of people and processes. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Knowledgeable in the Release of Information (ROI) process. Proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong knowledge of Epic. Strong knowledge and understanding of governing agency requirements including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), The Joint Commission (TJC), Federal and State Regulatory Rules and Regulations preferred. Knowledge of imaging systems, tiff editing/graphics programs, and Optic Character Recognition (OCR) processes preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.