Job Title: Part time Clinic Manager
Location: Tualatin, Oregon
How to apply: Send resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Supervisor Title: Physician Owners / Partners
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: All support staff
General Summary: An exempt management position responsible for managing the daily operations of the office – 0.5 FTE.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily office operations and delegates authority to assigned supervisors.
- Assists supervisors in developing and implementing short- and long-term work plans and objectives for clerical functions.
- Assists supervisors in understanding/implementing clinic policies and procedures.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that office is staffed appropriately.
- Assists in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development, and evaluation of clerical staff.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
- Oversees and approves office supply inventory, manages to a budget, ensures that mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Troubleshoots IT issues, internet and telephone connectivity.
- Oversees staff schedules, manages vacation and sick coverage.
- Assures quality of staff work and communication.
- Supports and upholds established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably with coursework in health care administration.
Experience: Minimum five years of administrative experience, including three years of management experience in health care.
Other Requirements: None
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies.
- Skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising.
- Skill in evaluating the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.