Practice Administrator - Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to Michelle Cheney, Health Care Business Solutions, LLC, via email to email@example.comPractice Administrator for Family Medicine Clinic
- Family Medical Group NE, a Family Practice clinic located in the beautiful Grant Park neighborhood, is recruiting for a full-time Practice Administrator to join our team of 5 Providers and dedicated staff members. We are a Tier 5 Patient Certified Primary Care Home (PCPCH).
- Our clinic sees patients of all ages, from newborns to elders, and has an onsite laboratory that performs standard point of care testing, including rapid COVID-19 testing.
- We perform well-child checks, annual wellness exams, physicals, urgent care visits, and well-woman exams. Our Providers perform a number of procedures onsite including the following: colposcopies, circumcisions, incision and drainage, mole removal, ear lavage, and dermatology procedures.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a medical office management role, including hiring front and back office staff, performance evaluations, coaching, discipline and terminations.
The Practice Administrator is responsible for the daily and fiscal operations of the clinic. The position provides guidance to staff to assure compliance with government policies and standards.
Essential Job Functions*
- Develops annual operational budget and presents to shareholders for approval. *
- Develops annual staffing plan to cover practice work and minimize unnecessary overtime. *
- Prepares Provider productivity reports, quality metrics, clinic financial performance reports and Accounts Receivable metrics. *
Health Plan Contracting
- Responsible for negotiating payor rates with the practice’s health plans. *
- Responsible for assuring the practice adheres to the health plan contracts. *
- Responsible for oversight to the practice’s Quality Improvement initiative. *
- Oversees building maintenance to assure patient and employee safety and schedules necessary maintenance as required.*
- Responsible for staff and provider’s education, training and adherence to HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA and OIG regulations.*
- Assures that practice business licenses are maintained. *
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, performance evaluations and termination of staff. *
- Monitors clinic demand for access and recommends to the board when additional providers need to be recruited. *
- Responsible for onboarding new providers, adding them to insurance panels and credentialing oversight. *
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ in a medical clinic in supervisory role, including hiring, coaching, annual reviews and terminations.
- Master’s Degree
- CMPE or FCMPE
- Epic EMR experience
- 3+ years of experience with insurance payor contracting and credentialing
- 3+ years of experience with payroll, accounts payable and preparing financial reports
Generous compensation package (Salary range of $80,000 - $100,000) including health and dental insurance, 401(k) with match program, paid time off, 6 paid holidays, and the opportunity to purchase life insurance, short-term disability insurance and long-term disability insurance.
To Apply – Send resume and cover letter to Michelle Cheney, Health Care Business Solutions, LLC, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org