Chief Operations Officer - Full Time
How to apply: Email resumes to, Misty Osko - firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Asthma & Allergy Center
Large, established single specialty allergy group seeks experienced Chief Operations Officer to partner with physician leadership to effectively lead and direct all operations in 7 locations. Our practice is the largest single-specialty allergy practice in the Pacific Northwest and has been a leader in the allergy community since it was established in 1964. Our board-certified physicians are fellowship-trained and are committed to providing high-quality, patient-centered care.
Reports to: Executive Committee (3 physicians), Board of Directors
Supervises: Administrative office managers and all non-physician clinical and non-clinical personnel and departments.
Job Summary: The Chief Operations Officer will report to the Executive Committee physicians for decisions regarding day-to-day operations and to the Board of Directors for long-range strategic planning goals. They will be responsible for providing administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, as well as interpretating and administrating current and long-range policies, procedures, and programs. They will work in collaboration with board members, front-line leaders, and staff to create an engaging environment, focusing on safety, clinical quality, and financial stewardship. They will strive to create a workplace environment that promotes staff, physician, and patient satisfaction.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Develops long-term strategies and manages the strategic direction of the organization. Demonstrates the ability to facilitate the corporate legal structure, define policy, and define the organization’s culture in conjunction with the organization’s Board of Directors.
2. Ensures that patients receive the best possible care and keeps the organization focused on patient safety and efficient operations.
3. Oversees effective staffing strategies, recruitment and retention, training, and performance evaluation processes.
4. Ensures the financial viability of the organization by establishing and maintaining systems to ensure a profitable and compliant practice.
5. Ensures organization compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, and physical properties, as well as initiates appropriate changes.
6. Implements an effective business plan and effectively manages daily clinical and administrative operations across all sites.
7. Represents the organization in its relationships with other professional organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers.
8. Maintains a program to provide an overall safe environment, prevent or minimize adverse events, and comply with federal and state laws and regulations.
9. Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the Board of Directors and its committees and the medical and administrative staffs.
10. Effectively oversees multiple locations by negotiating and managing all vendor contracts, lease agreements, and maintenance needs.
11. Develop strategic planning regarding office expansion and contraction using data-based decision making to identify potential markets, locations, necessary resources, patient volume, payer mixes, provider recruitment, etc. Responsible for coordinating and managing any new office expansion or office closure.
12. Responsible for insurance payer credentialing and contracting.
13. Works with the Business Office Manager in overseeing all revenue cycle functions and related staff.
14. Provides routine production analysis and distribution of reports. Promotes lean workflow analysis which is standardized, sustainable, and cost-effective.
15. Creates marketing and advertising plans. Supervises and directs clinic online presence including website maintenance and management of social media outlets.
16. Continually works to improve patient office interaction and promote customer satisfaction. Work directly with the Customer Relations Manager to oversee staff customer service training and target strategies to improve office-based systems including phones, patient portal, wait times, communication etc. Respond effectively to patient concerns in writing and in person.
17. Identify tactics to address staffing shortages and promote staff retention.
18. Work with HR Director regarding personnel issues including employee handbook policy revisions, benefits packages, staff performance reviews and coaching, role clarifications and job descriptions by position, pay scale development, merit-based raises, and leave and earning policies.
19. Promote leadership development by establishing a culture of engagement focused on corporate mission, vision, and values. Help design and develop training programs that ensure technical and professional competencies of all staff members. Identify and mentor high-performing staff capable of assuming larger responsibilities and primed for promotion.
20. Design and develop appropriate organizational structure that promotes effective, efficient decision making, identifies specific chain of command, ensures sufficient support for all staff and leads, promotes fair and equitable division of labor, prevents individual burnout, and improves overall job satisfaction and office-based morale.
Education: Graduate degree in health care administration or business administration, FACMPE (MGMA) preferred.
Experience: Seven years of executive-level experience, including five years of experience in health care administration. Multi-site management experience preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package commensurate with experience.
Other Requirements: A demonstrated commitment to professional development and growth. Must be able to work well with long-time personnel and adapt to current cultural trends while also effectively exploring and promoting changes where necessary.
Candidates: Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com